Our Response to COVID-19
Our Commitment to Your Health & Safety
Our community is facing a lot of uncertainty, and I want you to know we are here to support you by offering emergency and essential chiropractic care for new and existing patients.
Here at Intero Chiropractic, our top priority is and always has been the safety and well-being of our patients and team members. School shutdowns, self quarantines, and social distancing, and Shelter in Place have likely left you wondering if Intero Chiropractic is open and if you should be getting adjusted while the threat of the spread of the Coronavirus continues.
We are closely monitoring the latest developments and following the guidance of the CDC and the World Health Organization and will update you immediately if our hours or status changes.
We WILL be OPEN and ready to serve during this difficult time.
Below is an update of what we are doing internally, and what you can be doing to keep your immune system strong.
How to Boost Your Immune System
You should be focusing on boosting your immune system to prevent catching and spreading this illness.
Follow these immunity-boosting tips you can do at home:
- Eat less refined sugar, dairy, and process foods (even if you've stockpiled nonperishables 🍪, make sure you're eating your fruits and vegetables! 🍊🥗)
- Drink plenty of water.🚰Hydration is critical for immune function and keeps things (i.e., toxins) moving through your digestive tract and out of your body.
- Supplement your diet as needed with Vitamin C, D3, K1, garlic, elderberry syrup, echinacea, ginger, and turmeric. Keep colloidal silver on hand as a natural antiviral. We have echinacea available in our office that we will be providing at cost.
- De-stress. 🛀Stress robs your body of natural immunity and makes you more susceptible to illness. Take a break from social media and meditate, relax, and unwind.
- Get plenty of sleep. 😴Sleep is a natural healer!
- Exercise. 🏊🏻♀️Take a walk around the neighborhood or do an at-home workout. Many gyms and yoga studios are offering free online classes (even to non-members) during this time.
As far as Chiropractic, now more than ever, you should be getting ADJUSTED!
Typically, patients on a maintenance schedule will be able to hold their chiropractic adjustments from 1-3 weeks, depending on stress levels. However, in times of immune system suppression, a patient can have their spine examined for misalignments several times per week to ensure their nervous system is free of interference. White blood cells, which eat and destroy bad cells, are enhanced through chiropractic care.1
⬇⬇Science has shown that getting adjusted boosts the immune system!⬇⬇
🔬👨🏻⚕️⚕The chief of cancer prevention at New York’s Preventative Medicine Institute found that people who received regular chiropractic care over a five-year period had a 200% greater immune competence than those who had not received chiropractic care. The chiropractic group showed a 400% greater immune
competence than people with cancer and other serious diseases.2
What We Are Doing INSIDE Our Office to Keep You Safe
We have taken extra precautions to minimize risk to those we serve. Because we serve people of all ages and levels of immunity, we are choosing to use the utmost precaution to make sure you are not exposed when you visit Intero Chiropractic.
Our promise to you:
• All chiropractic will be wiped down with (organic) disinfectants between each visit.
• All providers will be washing and/or sanitizing their hands between each visit.
• We have plenty of hand sanitizer available for your personal use as well.
• Office furniture, doorknobs and other surfaces that are frequently touched by our members will be wiped down with disinfectants much more frequently.
• Providers and staff will be checking themselves for fever or symptoms and will take time away from the office as warranted.
• We have spaced out the chairs in our waiting area and provided heated outdoor seating to allow you to practice social distancing.
• We have plenty of TOILET PAPER! You can use up to 15 squares for free, additional squares can be negotiated at the front desk. 😛
• If anyone has called in with any mention of not feeling well, we have made special accommodations and will plan accordingly. 😷
• We are doing our best to widen appointment times between adjustments to prevent too much close contact with strangers while waiting to get adjusted. Most of the people we serve are well aware of the benefits of chiropractic, especially how it helps keep the immune system strong, so they are joyfully keeping their appointments and even bringing in other family members.
• We are currently working out a way to offer house calls to patients who are in quarantine and cannot (or don't feel comfortable) venturing outdoors. Please inquire with our office if this is a service you need.
We are more committed than ever because this is a vital time to keep your nervous system and immune function functioning optimally.
Thank you for trusting us with your health. It is our highest priority and we are here to serve our community and do our part to ensure everyone has a healthy, strong functioning nervous system.
How we are complying with Gov. Newsom’s Declaration of a State of Emergency:
- The call for all seniors over the age of 65 and residents with chronic conditions to self-isolate at home.
- All Doctors of Chiropractic are urged to exercise extreme caution with all patients.
- Non-emergent and non-essential care should be evaluated on a case by case basis, and potentially suspended for the next 14 days.
- If you’re not feeling well, we may advise you to stay home or request one of our doctors to administer an at-home adjustment. If you are interested in scheduling an appointment at your home, please contact our office for further details. For obvious reasons, there is limited availability for these appointments.
This situation is unprecedented, and we are doing our absolute best to keep you up-to-date and informed at all times.
We are here for you 100%, and please, feel free to call us with any questions or concerns you may have.