- in Ergonomics
1 out of 2 of you will be reading this on your phone…
How to use a Cell Phone:
We all have cell phones. Even my 3 year old nephew has a mobile device!
But has anyone ever thought about the best ways on how to use a cell phone? Because of this, I thought I’d make some simple steps to follow.
The chances of you reading this blog post on your cell phone is pretty high. In fact, research from Statista showed that about 52.2% of all website traffic across the world is viewed through a mobile device. Due to this, we have started seeing an increasing number of concerns regarding the spine…
If you’re reading this on a cell phone, consider your posture:
- Is your cell phone in your lap or by your waistline?
- Is your face looking down?
- Are the muscles at the base of your neck and shoulders feeling tense?
Due to that annoying neck pain, Dr. Robert shows you how to properly use a cell phone in order to find relief!
- Option 1: Fist Under Elbow Method: Make a fist with one hand. Place it beneath the opposite elbow. Bring your cell phone toward your face, not the other way around.
- Option 2: Dual Elbow Action: Place both elbows against the side of your ribs. Hold the mobile device with both hands. Bring the cellphone toward your face.
- Option 3: Take A Break! Sometimes we just need to give technology a break. Go for a walk, get some exercise, have a great conversation with the person next to you.
These are simple ways to improve the health of your spine and reduce the tension in your neck. Try them out! If you still find that you are having lingering neck pain, consider scheduling an evaluation.
Sometimes, chronic postural stress can lead to damage of the spine and irritation of the nerves. Neurological and structural chiropractic care can reduce pain and correct the function of the spine.
Schedule your consultation today.